Although not qualified to speak of the revival of biblical Christianity in other language groups across the world, in the English-speaking U.S., these past 10-20 years, there seems to exist an unusual movement of the Holy Spirit. Could it be that God is allowing us to live in the midst of a spiritual awakening?
Here is a list of seven pointers portraying God’s favor upon His people in North America. These signs are organized in a chronological manner, as, in God’s providential oversight, each builds upon the other:
1. Incredible electronic Bible study software are available and being used. These software packages are self-supporting and compete with one another to provide better usability and power in Bible study!
2. New conference venues have sprouted up, such as the Foundations Conference, Founders Conference, Passion Conference, and T4G. These conferences highlight the Five Solas of the Protestant Reformation and promote biblical Christianity.
3. YouTube, Podcasts, and Vimeo promote the revival of expository preaching online.
4. New ministry associations have developed, such as Acts 29, 9Marks, The Gospel Coalition, Teaching Leaders International, and NoPlaceLeftBehind.
5. Doctrinally-rich music is being written, new hymnals are being produced, and Internet music channels are now available that highlight doctrinally-rich music—Sound+Doctrine. Songs have been written by LeCrae, members of Click116, the Getty’s, Derek Webb, Eric Schumacher, and David L. Ward—all emphasizing sound doctrine.
6. A new thrust of young street evangelists and those aggressively “searching for persons of peace” has begun to mark the land. Biblical methods of evangelism are realigning its practice across North America!
7. Antagonism to the gospel and to the many teachings of the Bible is on the increase. Satan is aggressively targeting the ministry leaders of all these newly formed groups.
Is Holy Spirit revival sweeping the land? It may very well be!